Here are just a few things that have happened since we wrote last:
- The first of our opportunities for service with the youth, building a fire pit for some of our elder members, went well. We also began taking meals to our home-bound elders after fellowship meals. We look forward to more opportunities to serve our elders in our community this fall!
- We had a fun and successful end-of-the-school-year party for the kids with Kids Club at Great Plains Gathering. We saw lot of new faces. We also enjoyed the opportunity for enjoying ourselves and celebrating a good school year.
- We have had several BBQs and dinners at our home this summer (yay for the summer break!) and enjoyed the chance to get to know the people of GPG better and hear how the Lord has been working in their lives.
- The first GPG summer picnic was a blast! The next is Sunday, July 30th.
- Anthony has continued to work with the MSUB Office of American Indian Outreach and has been helping them transition to a new location on campus for the fall. The new location will include room for childcare and mothers. The ribbon cutting ceremony is in September and GPG is a sponsor of the room.
- This year’s Vacation Bible School with Rocky Mountain Community Church was a huge blessing! They had 140 kids registered including many from GPG. It was a blessing to see our churches work together for the Lord.
- Anthony was blessed to preach at GPG this summer. It is always a joy to bring the Word and minister to the people here. His sermons are available here and here.
- Rowan turned 3!
This month we ask that you please pray for:
- Fall Kids Club – We are putting the final touches on the program planning for Kids Club that kicks off again in September. Please pray for the gathering of volunteers, the reviewing of curriculum, and the students who will join us. Please pray that God brings kids to GPG and that they will learn about Him and love Him. Please pray for the upcoming Women’s Bible Study that runs parallel to Kids Club.
- Discipleship Opportunities – Anthony has had the chance to deepen some discipleship relationships over the summer. He’s teaching one man how to read the Bible. He’s also reaching out to others to meet for prayer. Please pray that God will continue to grow these relationships and the love of the Lord in all involved.
- Continued Fellowship Opportunities – We have enjoyed the chance to have many families in our home over this summer break. It’s been a joy to know the people God has called us to and to understand how to better serve them and pray for them. Please pray for continued chances to meet with people over meals and play dates. Please pray for our family to stay well during this season so we may be hospitable.
- Upcoming School Year – As Tamasin heads into Kindergarten this fall, we’re looking at the various accommodations we’ll need to make to help her do well in school. Please pray for us as we work together with her and her teachers. Please pray for the students at GPG who will be starting the school year, too. Pray that they will be witnesses to God’s peace and hope in their schools.
- Apprenticeship/Residency Update – As we move into the last half of the year and the conclusion of our residency at Great Plains Gathering, we have begun to look at opportunities for planting a church. Pray for wisdom and discernment for where God wants us to go. Please pray for the transition for our family and the church. Please pray for the support of our ministry partners as we look into our next steps and seek to help advance God’s kingdom through church planting.