It’s my fault. I meant to post our emailed update here back in May but completely forgot so while I’m here prepping our August update, I wanted to be sure and upload the one from May. Apologies! – Rem
Update mailed in May:
Spring has sprung and there are TONS of updates!
Here are a few things that have happened since we wrote last:
- Anthony was installed as Assistant Pastor at Great Plains Gathering. Praise God!
- Kids Club hosted their first paint night and nacho bar. One of the members of the church teaches painting and graciously offered to teach the kids. We all had a blast!
- Tamasin had her developmental assessments and all is on target for her to start kindergarten in the fall. A few of the things we were concerned about cannot be properly screened until later.
- The MSUB powwow went well and the booth for changing and feeding that GPG hosted was a success! We had many mothers thank us for the service and take the information cards about the church.
- The Rocky Mountain Community Church missions conference was great. This year they featured Montana church planting and Josh and Katie got to talk about GPG and church planting. You can watch the video they made at GPG to welcome people to our open house. (Remley made the logo for the conference this year)
- Anthony oversaw the first end-of-the-year pizza party hosted by GPG in partnership with the MSUB Office of American Indian Outreach. They had 19 students come and it was encouraging to see GPG members sharing the gospel with their peers.
Thank you all for praying!
Prayer Requests –
This month, Anthony took over the keyboard (😃) and wanted to ask that you please pray for:
- Summer Program Planning – With the regular school year activities dying down, I’m wrapping up the planning for the summer activities. Please pray that the events and studies planned would be beneficial to the people involved and would make God’s word come alive in their hearts.
- Relationship Building – Since my outreach at the local campus, I have encountered many people. There are three men in particular that I want to connect with better. Please pray that God would give me opportunities for these connections to grow so that I might be able to share the gospel with them on a deeper level.
- Growth in Christ and in Skills – This summer will mark a year at GPG for us. It has been a tremendous blessing and catalyst of ministerial growth in my life. Working at this church plant has given me a great sense of the importance of community. Please pray for continued growth in this season so that I can be better equipped to plant a church in the future.
- Trust in God – Thank you so much for praying for us! This calling that my wife and I have to plant churches is a great blessing and it does put us out of our comfort zone to trust God for provision, gathering people, and relationship building. Please pray for me that my faith would always continue to grow stronger in our loving faithful God! Pray that my family and I would trust him more and lean not on my own strengths.
“I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; Incline your ear to me;
hear my words.”
– Psalm 17:6