Anthony is an Ordained minister!
Great news! On January 26, 2017, Anthony was Ordained to ministry in the PCA by the Rocky Mountain Presbytery. We’re grateful for God sustaining us through the grueling study and examination process. We are also excited that Anthony has had the opportunity to spend time in study under great tutors and that God blessed his efforts and was glorified.
With Ordination completed, Anthony will be Installed as the Assistant Pastor of Great Plains Gathering on February 12 and looks forward to stepping up his responsibilities in that position. The prayer items below these photos will give you an idea for the types of ministry work he and Remley are involved with in Montana.
This month, please pray for:
- Children/Youth Program. While Anthony has been teaching at our Kids Club (for kids 6 and up) every Monday evening, he will ramp up the program this spring and needs to develop a philosophy for the church’s ministry to that age group. He will also be developing a calendar of teaching and activities to support this philosophy. Please pray for Anthony to have wisdom and creativity throughout this process. Please pray that the program will be biblically sound, culturally relevant, and engaging. Please pray that Anthony and the students to continue to learn, love, and live out the gospel in service and respect to others inside and outside the church.
- Assisting with Campus Native Outreach. One of the new roles Anthony will take on is volunteering a few hours a week to the Native Outreach department at the local university. He’s been helping there sporadically since we arrived in Billings and seen much fruit in relationships and trust. Please pray that God will continue to give Anthony favor in the eyes of the Native peoples on the campus. Please pray that Anthony’s time there will be helpful to the Outreach Coordinator. Please pray that he will be an ambassador for Christ and His Gospel, a good liaison for GPG, and that God will bless this work so that a prayer group might take root.
- Family/Church/Work Balance. Remley has recently taken on several exciting new work projects. We thank God for these amazing opportunities and ask that you pray that God will be honored in her work. Also, please pray for her continued work at GPG, that she can be a helpful member of the church. Please pray that, in all of this, Remley is able to serve the Lord well and balance her responsibilities effectively.
- Special Attention for Tamasin’s Education. We have recently discovered that Tamasin shows many of the early warning signs for some learning disabilities. Since Anthony has several, we knew she would be at higher risk and are familiar with many of the coping skills and techniques. Please pray that we are able to finish the enrollment process for Tamasin in a local school that will complete the screening process and provide the needed therapies. Please pray for Tamasin, that she has patience and trusts God through this process. Please pray that we continue to trust in God’s good plan and lean on Him in prayer for peace.
- Prayer and financial support. We’re excited to announce that we are 76% funded for the next year. That’s 22% more than the last time we wrote! God is so good to us and we are thankful for all who have donated to support this ministry. Please pray for people to partner with us in prayer and funding.
“I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; Incline your ear to me;
hear my words.”
– Psalm 17:6
If you’re interested in donating to help fund Anthony’s apprenticeship with Great Plains Gathering, you can donate online by clicking through here. Any amount is appreciated. All donations are tax-deductible and 100% of your contribution goes directly to this project.